Is Self-Improvement Different For Women Than Men? 1 commentThis article is the starting point for self-Improvement. Is Self-Improvement different because of your sex? Self-improve has become mainstream conversation in recent years, it seems to be showing up in articles almost everywhere. Almost everyone should work on their self-confidence, happiness, career, finances, relationships, home and health. Wherever you may be, whatever your situation, you should work on self-improvement.Get ready to change your life! Set up a program and start working on it. You can reach your full potential and create the success you deserve. There is no quick fix; the road to change is not an easy one. For this to work you must commit to and dedicated yourself to bring new changes of improvement into your life. I suggest you take it one step at a time, the greater the commitment the longer the journey.Ask yourself is self-improvement any different for women than for men? My answer is yes and no. However both male and females differ physically and the fact is that a woman does have circumstances that are different from those of the man, when it comes to self-improvements they are basically the same.
Have you ever though that some men and women are born leaders? The answer to that is no, being positive and staying positive is a choice for both men and women. One must stay positive if we are to improve ourselves. Building self-esteem and drawing lines for self-improvement is a choice, not a rule. Leaders and positive thinkers are not born they are made out of the desire for self-improve. If you want to be a leader you have to develop a burning desire for self-improvement and stay with it.
Your changes must come from inside. Your work won’t improve unless you improve regardless what your sex may be. Your relationships won’t improve unless you improve. Society won’t change unless the people in it change, meaning you. You are the only person you can change. While self-improvement is not contagious, a change in you can influence a change in others.
Now it is time for you to start putting the puzzle together for self-improvement? First be positive. Second be contented and most of all stay happy. Don’t forget to be appreciative. Never overlook the opportunity to compliment someone.
A positive way of life will help you build a higher self-esteem, let this be your starting point for self-improvement. Turn loose your resistance, don’t procrastinate. Find your internal motivation then move forward toward with your self-improvement. Discover your inner self and explore your own personal powers.
Get ready to change your life! Set up a program and start working on it. You can reach your full potential and create the success you deserve. There is no quick fix; the road to change is not an easy one. For this to work you must commit to and dedicated yourself to bring new changes of improvement into your life. I suggest you take it one step at a time, the greater the commitment the longer the journey.
Ask yourself is self-improvement any different for women than for men? My…
View original post 275 more words
Get Back in the Game! Stop losing money and turn your money around. For more information on how you can get back on the pathway to a higher return on investment e-mail me Tom Gunter at TopGunUSA@aol.com or check out my web site for Billboard Brokers of America at. http://www.billboardbroker.com
Set your goals high as journey down the road your to success. Raise the bar when you reach a goal and raise it even higher when you reach the next. Never give up! Remember it is your right to be wrong, because if you do you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward. One who does not make mistake probably is doing nothing anyway. You cannot be a success without making a few mistakes along the way. Learn from your mistakes and try not to repeat them.
What is success? Is it someone who spent their life working 60 to 80 hours a week, living in airports and hotels, as they fight their way up the corporate ladder to VP of Candy Company? He would probably consider himself more successful than the guy who owned the local garage. You know the guy that spends his nights at home having dinner with his family, weekends and spare time playing with his kids and working on his hobbies, Could it be the local garage owner who goes home at night and eats his meals with the family and helps the kids with their homework could be more happier and healthier? Ultimately, it is up to each person to decide what success means to them, it is important that everyone be mindful of the decision they are making or planning to make.
Each one of us has to choose which road in life to take, with each different road come a different adventure, a different successful story and a different love story. Be careful which road you take make sure it is the right one for you.
Remember I said you have the right to be wrong? Yes you do, you are going to make a few mistakes along the way but the earlier in life you can figure out what your mistakes and weaknesses are the sooner you can move forward and be more successful and happy with every aspect of life. Take charge of your life if you want to be successful you have to be happy. Without happiness wealth has very little or no meaning.
Don’t be afraid to change your mind, what is right for someone else may not be right for you. We are all unique and different individuals; everyone must custom tailor their own life if they want to be happy and successful.
Myself, I took *”The Road Less Traveled” and like Robert Frost the poet said said “That has made all the difference”. Good luck my friends in making the right choice this is where it gets tough. Taking the road less traveled was a very hard decision for me with so many roads to choose from. Many of those roads were quite inviting but many were dead ends leading to nowhere. Once I made the right choice I never looked back except to measure my successes and failures. From there I set my sails and my goals to a new life with new horizons. For you the road most travel may be right for you, like I said we are all different. We see, we feel and we do things different so don’t be judgmental of the person who sees it differently than you.
A man who also took “The Road Not Taken” was one of the most successful business men in the business world; he was the late Steven Paul Jobs better known as “Steve” Jobs, co-founded of Apple Incorporated. Steve Jobs was a household name and American business legend in the world of success. He helped revolutionized the world as we know it today with his contributions as a designer, inventor and entrepreneur in the world of communications and computers technology.
I will leave you with the following thoughts you may wish to consider using on your own road to success, they were spoken by the late Steve Jobs. Steve had a set of principles he lived by which I would like to share with you.
1. Do what you love.
2. Put a dent in the universe.
3. Make connections.
4. Say no to 1,000 things.
5. Create insanely different experiences.
6. Master the message.
7. Sell dreams, not products.
I wish your luck on your journey as you travel down your road to success.
*The last line from a poem named “The Road Not Taken” written by Robert Frost.
Many of us are bowed down by life, stressed, short of time, tired, on a treadmill, knowing that this isn’t the way to live, but not knowing how to free ourselves up to live more fully, more abundantly. There are simple things we can do, they don’t take time or money, they take a change of attitude. Here are 9 of them.
1. Being totally financially honest. If you are not honest, this implies that there is not enough for you to have everything you need without dishonesty.
2. Creating a vacuum so that more good things can flow into it. Don’t fill your life up with things you don’t really want. Ask yourself if you want each thing before you buy it. Don’t have abundant rubbish, live abundantly by seeking out the things and experiences that work for you in your core being.
3. Tithing is often associated with religion, but it is also possible to tithe in a non-religious context. This seems a really important aspect of living abundantly, every time you freely give money away, you are implying that you are confident that more will come, this is a big positive affirmation with a lot of power behind it. The traditional amount is 10% of your income. I’ve recommended this to lots of people, and they’ve told me that when they do this and magically they seem to have more. I started with 10% but now I’ve increased it, because I’ve seen that the more I give away the more I get back, and the happier and more abundantly I live.
4. Being grateful for what you already have, focusing on the good that is already in your life. It’s easy to think about what you don’t have, spend some time each day thinking about what you have. Start each day by thinking of 5 things that you are grateful for and express this out loud.
5. Resentment, jealousy, envy and self-pity interfere with the free-flow of abundance. If you are jealous or envious of someone, it implies that what they have is not available for you to have also
6. Forgiving those that have wronged you is part of living abundantly. Holding on to your anger, however justifiable it may seem, keeps you stuck in the past, rather than going forward into a better future. If it’s difficult to let go of your negative feelings, try writing a letter expressing all your anger, hurt or envy. Write until you can write no more, and then burn it.
7. Being able to receive from other people. Being able to receive is healthy, but many people find it difficult. You may need to practice receiving. Think of the pleasure you get in giving. By not receiving generously you are denying other people the pleasure of giving.
8. Realize that in general ‘good luck’ plays a very small part in people’s life. If you put your faith in good luck, then you have to accept the possibility of bad luck too. People who put their faith in ‘good luck’ often spend their lives waiting for things to happen. People who don’t believe in luck go out and make things happen.
9. Believing that there is enough money, food, love, etc. in the world to meet everyone’s needs to live abundantly. I left this one until the last, because it can be very hard to believe when faced with war and starvation in the newspapers and on the TV, but a lot of this anger and need is caused because people who have do not believe they have enough, because they substitute money and food for all the other abundance of life. Do your bit to correct that imbalance and start living a life that recognizes there are inequalities and shortages, but recognizes that we can correct that so we all have what we need.
How do you know if you have what it takes to start a business? There’s really no way to know for sure. But I do find things in common among the emotional and family fabric of people ready to consider an entrepreneurial venture.Do you have the right personality type to successfully run your own business? It takes an entrepreneurial fire in you to make a business, not everyone has it.
How do you know if you have what it takes to start a business? There’s really no way to know for sure. But I do find things in common among the emotional and family fabric of people ready to consider an entrepreneurial venture.
You don’t have to fit all seven of these categories to be a good candidate for entrepreneurship. But it probably wouldn’t hurt. In general, the more you have in common with these characteristics, the closer you probably are to being ready to try going out on your own.
1. You come from a line of people who couldn’t work for someone else. I don’t mean that in a negative way. People who are successful at establishing their own business tend to have had parents who worked for themselves. It’s usually easier to get a job with a company than to start your own business; people who strike out on their own often have the direct example of a parent to look to.
2. You’re a lousy employee. No need to sugar-coat this one. People who start their own businesses tend to have been fired from or quit more than one job. I’m not saying you were laid off for lack of work or moved from one job to a better-paying one. You were asked to leave, or you quit before they could fire you. Think of it as the marketplace telling you that the only person who can effectively motivate and manage you is yourself.
3. You see more than one definition of “job security.” I am truly envious of the few people I know who have stayed with one employer for 25 or 30 years. They look very secure. But how many people do you know who are able to stay with one company for that long? In a rapidly changing economy, job security can be frighteningly fleeting.
4. You’ve gone as far as you can go, or you’re not going anywhere at all. Sometimes the motivation to start a new venture comes from having reached the top of the pile where you are, looking around, and saying “What’s next?” Early success can be wonderful, but early retirement can sometimes drive energetic and motivated people totally crazy.
5. You’ve done the market research already. Don’t even talk to me about your great business idea if you haven’t put the time into figuring out if there’s a market for your product or service. As the people behind any number of failed Internet ventures will tell you, “cool” doesn’t necessarily translate into “profitable.” Don’t bother building it if you haven’t figured out whether there’s a good chance the customers will come.
6. You’ve got the support of your family. Starting a business is stressful under the best of circumstances. Trying to do it without the support of your spouse or other significant family members or friends would probably be unbearable.
7. You know you cannot do it alone. You might excel at promoting a business. Maybe you love running the financial end of the enterprise. You could be someone who starts a business because you have unique creative or technical know-how to create a product. Any of the above is possible, but it’s unlikely that you are going to excel at all of these tasks or at all of the tasks involved in running any business. Forget all that doing it alone stuff. You are going to need some help sometime.
The willingness to get that help, having employees, partners or consultants for those areas in which you are not an expert is one indicator of likely future success. No successful entrepreneur has ever succeeded alone, the person who is most capable of enlisting the support of others is the most likely to succeed.
What is it that makes one man go where others don’t dare tread? And that keeps him going even when the odds seem so insurmountable? When others around him expect the worst, and obstacle upon obstacle, cause him to wonder if perhaps, just perhaps, everybody might be right and he may be crazy?
That my friend is what is called DESIRE! Desire is one of the strongest emotions, and one of the greatest forces man has ever known. When harnessed properly it will give you everything you have ever wanted! Desire is the Fuel for success.
Just as a car or any other automobile needs fuel to keep going, a man’s desire is what drives him and will ultimately determine if he will hold that prize at the end of the race. The thing that determines why the one person does and the other doesn’t is not physical ability or the lack thereof, but desire and or the absence thereof.
It is said where there is a will there is a way, but what isn’t said is that the will doesn’t exist by itself and of itself. It is fuelled by desire. If you have lost your desire for whatever it is you want, you have lost the Race.
Desire doesn’t reason or justify. All it wants is satisfaction. It is not concerned with how you bring it about. Desire, like most things is not something you are born with. It is a force and power which can be induced through the senses such as sight, hearing and smell. Let me give you an example.
When you see a beautiful woman or man, it does something to you. It triggers a power or force that will either die a natural death, or will become a raging fire.
That depends on what you do with it from that point onwards. Now, I used the example of being attracted to either a man or a woman, but desire is not limited to that. You can desire a big house, a car or desire to travel the world. However this will not mean much, until you crystallize this desire into something tangible, something you can see, hear, smell or touch.
So, to induce desire for whatever it is you want, you have to introduce the object of your desire, to your senses. The more you see something, the stronger your desire for that thing will become.
Let’s take the example of a beautiful woman or man again. If he or she has made enough of an impression on you, you would want to see that person again, right? But if you leave it to chance you may or may not see him or her again. In the event you don’t, the feelings will likely die a natural death.
But let’s say, you see that person again and again, what do you think will happen? That’s right! The feelings you have will become stronger.
So what you need to do is to introduce the object of your desire to your senses, not once or twice but again and again and again.
If you can, physically touch and smell and experience the object of your desire. If you desire wealth, go to the places that are symbols of wealth and get the feeling of wealth.
This can be places like expensive restaurants or five-star hotels. If you can afford it, book a room or a suite, even if it’s just for one night.
If you don’t have a lot of cash just go there and book a table. Order a cup of coffee or something else which isn’t too expensive. I’m sure you get the picture. Do this over and over and you’ll find that your Desire gets stronger and stronger.
You can apply this to anything and you will find that your desire burns stronger than ever.
If you know someone who is wealthy, approach the person and offer to assist with anything, free of charge. Most people will appreciate this gesture. Some might even take you along to places they go and may even introduce you to their circle of friends.
Alternatively go to a Dealership that sells expensive cars and just sit in one of the cars in the show room. Experience the feeling of wealth. Touch the expensive leather and wood, smell it. You can do this as often as you like. The more you do it the higher your desire will be. Do all this in addition to your other efforts to accomplish your goal.
If you cannot physically go to the places I’ve mentioned, you can get these places and objects to come to you. Looking at pictures is another good way to increase your desire and it doesn’t cost you anything, other than a little effort.
You see, your subconscious mind doesn’t know the difference between a real and imagined experience. It will accept whatever is imprinted upon it, and will start attracting that condition in terms of the people and circumstances that you need to satisfy Your Desire!
There are thousands of magazines that have pictures of the object you desire. Here’s what I have done and what you can do too. Cut out some pictures that vividly depict the thing you want and paste it all over your room or office. Position some of the pictures in such a way that it is the first thing you see when you wake up or come into that room, and the last thing you see when you leave or fall asleep.
Here is a final thought. Desire alone will not accomplish your goals for you, it is just the Fuel. Imagine a car with fuel but no engine. Or a car that has fuel and an engine but no wheels. It won’t go anywhere. The same goes for someone who only has desire.
This by the way describes about 90% of all the people in the world, who only desire things but are not prepared to do what it takes to get what they want.